Stepping Stones is looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the role of Communications Manager, to promote Stepping Stones’ work to the local and expatriate community in China as well as to a broader international audience.
The Communications Manager reports to the Fundraising Senior Manager, and
- Works with the whole team to formulate and implement Stepping Stones’ Communications Strategy, which integrates message development, web presence, and social media.
- Collects stories and key messages from staff, volunteers and other stakeholders and produces English and Chinese language communications, including website, wechat posts, e-newsletters, other social media posts (facebook, weibo, etc), and videos.
- Designs marketing materials, such as presentations, annual reports, flyers, posters, greetings cards, etc.
- Manages, maintains and improves Stepping Stones’ English and Chinese websites.
- Coordinates photography and videography work to capture high quality images and footage of Stepping Stones’ projects for promotion purposes.
- Manages the storage of Stepping Stones’ photo and video data.
- Several years’ communications and design experience (corporate or non-profit sector);
- Good Chinese writing skills (native-level preferred) and fluency in English;
- Experienced with a range of different communications platforms, and different media, including photography and video;
- Technologically competent and quick to learn new technology;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, multi-task, stay well-organized and adapt in an ever-changing sector/environment;
- Interest in the non-profit/social/development sector;
- Excellent work ethic with a positive and flexible attitude.
The candidate should ideally be available to start working for Stepping Stones by 18th February, and no later than 28th February 2021. The initial contract would be full-time (40 hours per week) for one year, with an option to extend upon mutual agreement.
Stepping Stones’ office is based at No 75, Leshan Road, Shanghai. Some travel is required, mostly within Shanghai. Occasional working from home may be possible.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits for Chinese nationals, or medical insurance for expatriates, plus 12 days annual leave in the first year of employment.
Candidates already based in Shanghai are preferred, noting that Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs or assist with accommodation.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by 31st January 2021 with a cover letter to explain your suitability for this job position, and why you are interested in it. English language or bilingual applications are preferred.