Stepping Stones welcomes student and corporate groups to volunteer to teach English or other subject(s) to disadvantaged rural children in China through the internet.
- 10-week program during both Spring & Fall semesters. (i.e., once a week)
- Training & support provided by Stepping Stones
- Activity: Teaching through the internet (once a week) to around 15-20 children per class
- Volunteers: Ideally it should be the same volunteers every week, but rotation between volunteers is acceptable as long as there is hand-over between the volunteers from week to week and that each volunteer teaches at least 1-2 times per month, to maximize consistency, continuity and teaching quality.
- Location: Classes will be conducted through the internet from the volunteer’s home base. Children will be located in rural schools in Henan, Sichuan, Anhui, Jiangsu or Hunan.
- Time: School-year – October to December & March to June
- Project cost: TBD
*Please note that Stepping Stones is a non-profit charitable organization and that we invite corporate and student groups to make a significant donation to help us setting up a volunteering program for them, and to help sustain our organization and fulfill our mission to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China. Over the years, we have developed many successful partnerships with companies, schools and universities. Donation can take different forms: annual grant, volunteer grant (in recognition of volunteer work being done), project-based donation or pro-bono.
In order to learn more about you and how we can help fulfil your requirements, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
- Are you a high school university or corporate group?
- How many employees or students would like to participate?
- What is your group’s availability? Weekdays or weekends? One day or more than one day?
- What type of program(s) would your group like to participate in (e.g., Online Program)?